Monday 26 November 2007

Can You Relate?

Tiffany: i do not relate except I'm a teenage girl. I'm not abused because of my race , i am not abused because of my family. i don't go to a private christian school. i don't feel the need to change my life. i have both my parents and they are still together. my friends arent like hers, they dont pressure me or anything. i do know however how much it hurts to lose someone. i felt so sorry for josephine when she found out john barton had overdosed.

Jodi: I don't really get abused at school so I don't really know how it feels. I think that wanting to fit in really effects everyone. The pressure to be 'cool' & to live up to your parents expectations always contradict each other. Your parents want you to be good at school and always want you to do your best, but your friends just want to have fun at school and don't really get much done. I have never lost anyone to suicide although I know a few who have tried. It hurts a lot to know that there isn't anything you can do about it, whats done is done and you can't help. I can't exactly say that i know how Josie feels but i have a pretty good idea. I know what it's like to not have a father because my mum and dad have been separated for 8 years and divorced for 3 of those years.

Jamie: although i have never encountered racism, i do have an understanding of whats its like for Josie, i myself am part Italian. I share alot of her trates, im judgmental, overdramatic and very much inclined to over proprtion my problems. My family is huge and our get togethers are reminscent of Josie's. I know what it feels like to resent your family. thats about where the comparison stops. my parents are still together ( unfortunately) and im not an only child.
I have some friends who are like josie's, they pressure you into things but i think that thats part of being a teenager.However the character i related to most wsa John Barton, i understand his feelings and views and infact have similiar ones myself. I understand the pressure he is under to impress. I also share his cyncism.

No comments: